What is global health insurance?
Global health insurance covers you when you’re living or working abroad or if you want health insurance that covers you in more than one country. This type of insurance aims to give you similar, and often more extensive cover and support than you may have been used from a state healthcare system in your home country.
Whatever your age, expatriate health insurance can help to relieve the worry of how much a trip to the dentist, doctors or the hospital will cost.
From the everyday costs like a quick blood test to transportation in an ambulance, it’s all taken care of. And for the worst case scenarios, our health plans also cover evacuation and repatriation costs, hospital stays and cancer treatment.
A range of healthcare benefits
Healthcare standards vary significantly across the world. So it’s important to know that if you need medical attention, you can access the care you need at the standard you’d expect. This is where expatriate health insurance can help, offering you;
- A wide range of benefits you can use from day one – we don’t believe you should have to wait to make the most of your plan, so most of our benefits don’t have a waiting period.
- Support from our experts day and night – from clarification about your benefits to approving your treatment, our consistent service is there for you wherever you go.
- Help organising your treatment – our Personal Advisers can speak directly to the hospitals in our network and arrange payment, so you can concentrate on your recovery
- Flexibility to choose where you want to have treatment – our medical network is available to help you make the most of your benefits but in most countries, we won’t restrict you.
- The option of a second medical opinion – Call us and we can organise for an independent team of medical professionals review your diagnosis.